Tuesday 15 May 2018

Goodbye, Vigo

 Hello!


 I had really enjoyed having my mother and grandmother in Vigo with me, but the day came when my Granma had to get the train to Porto, to fly back to Ireland. My mother and I would fly back to the UK from Vigo in a couple of days. 

 The three of us went into central Vigo and had one last wander around. I knew it would probably be my last trip into the city before leaving, and I was determined to make the most of it and commit my favourite things and places to memory.








 We enjoyed our final frozen yogurts. I had mango as well as my signature cookies, and it was divine.



 We saw a sad-looking dragon.


 Finally, we headed to Vigo-Guixar railway station and my Granma caught her train.



 It was strange to be back there. I remembered the night I arrived and met my Erasmus buddy, Esther, on the platform. I don't think I had been in the Guixar station since then - the train I took back from Santiago de Compostela arrived into the other central station, Vigo-Urzáiz.

 My mother and I would be getting a taxi, not a train, to Vigo Airport, as that would be easier from campus. So, this trip to the station felt like a wrapping-up of my story. I had two days to go, but coming back to Guixar signified some kind of ending and meant a lot to me emotionally.

 Thanks for reading.

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment