Sunday 17 December 2017

Pontevedra

 Hello!


 After a hot, tiring but enjoyable afternoon climbing hills in Padrón, I and the rest of my Galician class collapsed into the coach for our journey to Pontevedra. 

 I was looking forward to seeing the city, as we had studied it in class and it looked pretty and impressive. I had also written its name many times, as Vigo, my base city, is in Pontevedra Province. 

 Late afternoon was turning gently into evening as we arrived in Pontevedra.



  






 I felt an immediate attraction to Pontevedra, and this grew as we strolled the streets and squares. There was a lovely atmosphere and it reminded me in some ways of Manchester.

































 We met a parrot in the doorway of a bakery. He could actually talk - in English, strangely! He kept saying "Hello!" and waving a claw.












 As the air started to cool and night crept closer, we reluctantly made our way back through the city to the coach. Pontevedra felt so chilled and happy, and I knew I had discovered somewhere special.



 I adored my first glimpse of Pontevedra and couldn't wait to go back there. I would indeed return, with my mother and grandmother, but that is a story for another post. For now, I hope you have enjoyed my photos of this lovely city.

 Thanks for reading.

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment