Wednesday 16 September 2015

Salamanca Trade Museum

 Hello!


 I joined a trip organised by my course to Salamanca's Trade Museum (Museo del Comercio). The Museum is in the eastern part of the city, which I hadn't been to before, so the walk was new and interesting.


 When we arrived we found out our tour would be a special interactive one in which some of us would dress up. I wasn't chosen for this but it was fun seeing the princesses, builders and doctors. 

 We went from room to room being introduced to different elements of trade in Salamanca, dating from Roman times to the present day. It was a fascinating experience and one I would recommend.

The Roman room

Which areas of Spain were known for which produce in Roman times



The dressed-up people on the right








These seeds reminded me of the seed stalls that I saw all over Beijing.








A sweet-making machine! I love this!



These are for making chocolate with letters.








Spot Jess!

































Jukebox!






The costumes


 Our tour finished and we explored at our leisure. This meant that whereas we had arrived as a group, we left individually or in smaller groups. I decided to make my own way back in order to explore the eastern zone of Salamanca better. More of that in the next post!

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment